Saturday, June 14, 2014

Identity

***WARNING: That is not meant to offend anyone. It is my opinion and my feelings on this subject! ***

What do you think of the word, "IDENTITY"? What does come to your mind? How do you identity yourself?

Since I moved here to Utah and live for three years, I got to experience deaf world and everything, I had noticed that identity is a BIG thing in deaf world. In my opinion, it's nonsense and ridiculous.

I NEVER think of myself as deaf. If I do, I feel I think lower of myself and that I'm no better than anyone is. So therefore, I never identity myself as deaf at all. Because I KNOW I am way better than that. I KNOW I can do anything I want to, I can accomplish my goals that I have set for myself, and do whatever I want to do. I KNOW I can do better than that. I can't hear at all, that's simple! Period. I don't think of myself differently at all except for my hearing.

Here's how I identity myself and I am proud of it:

I am Katie! Just simple Katie. I am a daughter of Heavenly Father. I know I can do anything I want to do and set my sight on it. I am adventurous person. I love to experience everything and trying new things. I am a daughter. I am a sister. I know who I am.


No comments: