Thursday, July 30, 2009

Oregon Vacation!

My family and I left very early the morning of July 22 to drive up to Reno to catch our flight to Portland, Oregon for a special reason...






We had a good flight to Portland, Oregon. I am so happy that we didn't have to drive all the way up to Oregon! That would be totally crazy and miserable! Those pictures of the sky were taken by my little sister, Camille. Aren't they pretty? I had to give her my camera so she would stay in her seat which was by me instead of moving around! When we arrived in Oregon, we went and picked up a big van and then went and grabbed something to eat for a late breakfast. Then we went back to the airport to pick up Grandpa and Grandma Oyler, Aunt Gaydawn, and Aunt Nadine. After we picked them up, we finally drove up to Lake Owesago, Oregon to our hotel which was close to the Portland Oregon Temple! The hotel that we stayed at was a nice place! It was great to see Laiel, Dusty, and Dusty's parents again just after two days after I left Georgia!
The building that you see on the left was where we stayed.
See how green Oregon is!
You can see the tip of the Angel Moroni on the top of the Portland Oregon Temple.
On July 23th, we all went to a chinese place called Chang's Mongolian Grill. We had to go up to the buffet table and grab a bowl and put whatever we wanted in the bowl such as various kinds of meats, vegetables and fruits, sauces and some noodles. Then we had to carry our bowls up to a black circle where there were two people that took our bowls and dumped them on the black circle which cooked our food. One of the cooks was hilarious. He just spun around the black thingy and picks up all the bowls and dumped them on. Then he grabbed a plate and put the food off the black circle onto the plate. Then he would spin and spin until he reached you. At first, I was whoa, stay away from me! But it was fun to watch him doing it. The food was so good. I got two plates and I was so FULL! Then we went back to the hotel and we just relaxed for awhile. After I relaxed a bit, I got to go to Rose City (Downtown Portland) with Laiel, Dusty, and Dusty's parents. It was a good time. We just walked around downtown. We got to see the Ira Keller fountain. Many people were swimming in there. Too bad we didn't bring our swimsuits! :) I also saw a Paul Mitchell school across the street. Paul Mitchell does hair stuff. So it was cool to see through the window and see it. On our way back to the hotel, we saw a bridge that had cars going one direction on the bottom and there were other cars going in the opposite direction on the top. I never saw a bridge like that before. It was cool to see.


When I got back from Rose City, I saw my Aunt Monica, Aunt Lynette and her two youngest kids at the hotel. They drove up all the way from Utah and Idaho! My Aunt Annie also flew in that night. It was great to see them! At dinner time, most of my families went out to eat at Red Robins. I didn't go with them since I was full from that big lunch at the Chinese place but I was in the mood for something sweet. So Mom, Dusty's parents, Dusty, Laiel, Meagan, and I walked to the Cold Stone and had some yummy ice cream! I got a cup of vanilla ice cream with health candy crushed with some caramel. Yummy! It was a nice walk. I even took pictures of Dusty and Laiel in front of the Portland Oregon temple sign that we saw on our way to Cold Stone on our way back to the hotel.


The day of July 24th was the special reason we flew up to Portland, Oregon! Dusty and Laiel were married for eternity in the Portland Oregon Temple! The temple was very beautiful. I'm very happy for my sister, Laiel. She is definitely lucky to have Dusty. Dusty is a great guy.

Camille waiting for Dusty and Laiel to come out! They took forever... :)

Here comes the married couple, Dusty and Laiel Stansel!













McKay was being funny! He had his pants rolled up and just stepped in the water and got his shoes wet. Glad I saw him doing that!
Uh huh... In trouble with Dad... hehehe :D


A little story to tell you about Camille and Dusty!
I was just standing there under the tree close to Dusty and Camille. I was just in time to see a scene! Camille was walking up to Dusty and just gave him a big kiss on his lips! I was so surprised and shocked to see Camille do that! I think Dusty was a bit shocked at it. Hahaha! :D
Afterward, when Dusty and Laiel were done with pictures, we all went out to a really nice restaurant called Manzana's to eat and celebrate Dusty and Laiel's marriage. The food was so so good! It was a long great day!

July 25th was our last day in Portland, Oregon which was definitely sad! We all packed up and took Grandpa and Grandma Oyler, Aunt Gaydawn, and Aunt Nadine to drop them off at the airport. Then my family and I got to go to the Oregon Zoo. We had a good time at the Zoo. My favorite animals that I saw at the Zoo were the Elephants and Giraffe. After the Zoo, we rushed back to the airport to fly back to Nevada. BOO! We had a bumpy ride home but landed in Reno safely.





































I had a great time in Portland, Oregon! I am happy I was able to go to Portland, Oregon and be there for my sister's big day. I'm excited to have Dusty as my brother-in-law.

No comments: