Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas 2009

On December 21, Calvin, Ashton, and Camden came from North Carolina to stay with us for Christmas! It was great to see them and spend time with them!

On December 22, we got to watch the Las Vegas Bowl on T.V. BYU was playing against Oregon State. BYU won the game, 44-20 and it was a great game! Go BYU! :)

On December 23, we had a Christmas party at my work. We got to eat some yummy food and do “Dirty Santa” ornament presents. We each drew a piece of paper that has a number on it out of a hat. I was near the last but that’s a good thing! I was able to steal a cute UNR Snowman basketball ornament from Steve! Hurray! :) Now I have a lot of basketball ornaments! :D It was a fun party. Then I went home and saw that my mom was already making spudnuts. Spudnuts are donuts that are made out of potatoes. The recipe was passed down in my mom’s family from Idaho. We always make spudnuts at Christmas time. So good and yummy!
On December 24, I got to go over to my friend’s house to play several games of Ripple with Skip-Bo cards and chat. It was a good time with my friends. Then I went home and had a Christmas Eve dinner with my family. After dinner, we gathered together in the living room and listened to my mom reading about Jesus Christ’s birth. Then we got to do Rice Pudding which is a Danish tradition we do every Christmas Eve. There is a white nut hidden in one of the bowls and we had to eat the rice pudding until one of us found the nut. McKay won this year and he got a little present for winning which was a little Christmas plate and a cup. I wonder when I will ever find a nut in my bowl! Then we got to do something new which was called Tim-Tam Slam where you put Tim-Tam chocolate cookies in hot chocolate and slurp it up. It makes the cookie melt, and then you eat the cookie. Calvin did that while he was on his mission in Hong Kong. He said that they did it when new missionaries came into the field. It is not something that they do in Hong Kong for Christmas. It was pretty good especially the part when I sucked up the hot chocolate through the cookie. Yummy! But it can get too chocolately for me. Then we watched some short Christmas movies and went to bed. On Christmas Morning, we woke up a bit after five o’clock and lined up from youngest to oldest in the hallway. Then we walked into the living room to see what Santa had left for us. It was awesome. The kids checked out their presents and were pretty excited about it. But we were waiting for Ivan to notice something which he hadn’t yet. We could tell that Ivan was disappointed with the gifts because they were mostly dog stuff! His puppy was hiding behind the big blue chair so Ivan hadn’t seen him yet which was funny. Finally, Ivan moved around a bit and he finally saw the puppy which he was very excited about! I just enjoyed watching my little siblings and my nephew playing with their presents from Santa. After awhile, we got to open our presents from under the Christmas tree. It was a good Christmas. I got a movie, $100, candies, gum, and fruits from Santa. I also got a scarf, two candles, a book, and a gift certificate to Desert Bookstore.
The day after Christmas, Ivan and McKay got to try out their new ice sleds that they got from Calvin and Ashton so some of us got to go sledding on some hills by Sand Mountain. It was a fun time! Then that afternoon, Calvin, Ashton, and I went up to Reno to do some shopping. I found some clothes and bought a lot of books which I have already almost finished reading all of them! They are pretty good books. Then we went to the theater to watch a movie, Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel. When we got home from Reno, I went over to a lady’s house to play games. It was great to see a couple of my friends and have some fun playing games, Pictureka and Imaginiff which were great games.











On December 29, Calvin, Ashton, and Camden left to go to Utah then off to North Carolina. Sad day! It was great to have them over for Christmas time. I had a fun time with my whole family for Christmas. We just enjoyed each other’s company, played games, watched movies, etc… I had a lot of fun playing with my active nephew Camden. He is just an awesome happy little boy and also he is very smart! Camden learned how to say more, please, and ice cream in sign language. It was funny to watch him! It was an enjoyable Christmas with my family. Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! :)

1 comment:

Terri Sue said...

Camden signing is soooo cute -- I love it!